Covid-19 Special Messaging
Bishop, California is officially Reopened
NOTE: We update this page as new information becomes available. Please check back for latest update prior to making any travel, dining or shopping plans.
Coronavirus Special Message
California’s stay-at-home order lifted
Coronavirus/COVID-19 is a concern for everyone in the world at the moment and the Bishop Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau is committed to staying informed and passing along facts as we receive them. The health of our community, our businesses and our guests is paramount. We are encouraging responsibility from residents and guests alike.
On Tuesday, June 15, California officially reopened after over a year of restrictions and closures due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The color-coded tier system, California Blueprint for a Safer Economy, came to an end and instead the state is using federal health guidance for public places.
The California mask mandate after June 15th is that those fully vaccinated are allowed to do almost everything they did pre-pandemic without wearing a mask. Those not vaccinated are still required to wear a mask in “indoor public settings.” That includes grocery stores, shops, restaurants, movie theaters and other indoor businesses. However, it’s important to note that businesses still have the option to require everyone to wear a mask inside their property, so visitors need to abide by the business rules.
Coronavirus Related Best Practices:
1. WASH 2. COVER 3. DISTANCE
The California Department of Public Health is encouraging everyone to help prevent the spread of this respiratory illness with these everyday actions:
- Practice Physical Distancing – 6 Feet or More
- Wear a face covering when near others – always inside a business.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water and use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid handshakes.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay at home when you are sick.
It is imperative that everyone stay informed and get health and travel updates from trusted experts. #WashCoverDistance
Coronavirus/COVID-19 is a concern for everyone in the world at the moment and the Bishop Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau is committed to staying informed and passing along facts as we receive them. There are many levels of decision making with shifting timelines, but what we do know, and what we are doing is we are preparing to safely welcome you to Bishop. The health of our community, our businesses and our guests is paramount. We are encouraging responsibility and common sense from residents and guests alike.
Eastern Sierra and More Corononavirus Resources
- Inyo County – Local Situation Update
- Inyo County – Reopening
- Inyo National Forest Campgrounds
- Inyo County Campgrounds
- Manzanar National Historic Site
- Inyo County Public Health & Prevention Division
- Covid-19 Status Report Map of Inyo County
- California Department of Public Health
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- CDC Travel During the Covid Pandemic
- U.S. Travel Association Resource Page
- Visit California Coronavirus Resource Page
Bishop thanks you for being responsible and choosing to stay close to home during the current COVID-19 crisis.