Coronavirus/COVID-19 is a concern for everyone in the world at the moment and the Bishop Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau is committed to staying informed and passing along facts as we receive them. The health of our community, our businesses and our guests is paramount. We are encouraging responsibility from residents and guests alike.
- City of Bishop Statement Discouraging Travel to Bishop for Now – https://www.cityofbishop.com/covid-19/
- Visit the List of Local Retail/Restaurants that are open for take out or Online Shopping/Gift Cards
- Inyo County Campgrounds closures – https://www.inyocounty.us/services/parks-recreation/campgrounds
- Manzanar National Historic Site News Release (updated 3/18)
Here are some helpful links:
- Inyo County Public Health & Prevention Division: https://www.inyocounty.us/services/health-human-services/public-health-and-prevention-division/how-do-i/prevent-spread
- California Department of Public Health: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Immunization/ncov2019.aspx
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention: cdc.gov/coronavirus
- Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Map: coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
- New York Times Coronavirus Content Hub: nytimes.com/interactive/2020/world/coronavirus-maps.html
- U.S. Travel Association Resource Page: ustravel.org/coronavirus
- Visit California Coronavirus Resource Page: industry.visitcalifornia.com/coronavirus
The California Department of Public Health is encouraging everyone to help prevent the spread of this respiratory illness with these everyday actions:
- If you have respiratory symptoms like fever and cough, stay home.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your elbow.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Follow guidance from public health officials.
It is imperative that everyone stay informed and get health and travel updates from trusted experts.
Bishop thanks you for being responsible and choosing to stay close to home during the current COVID-19 crisis. We look forward to welcoming visitors once it is safe to travel again.