Covid-19 Special Messaging
As Bishop, California cautiously begins to reopen for non-essential travel, we know our local hospitality industry looks forward to welcoming patrons back into their hotels, restaurants, shops, and other local establishments. Fishing and Lodging are now open in Inyo County. Select Campgrounds are open, please check individual campsites for rules, regulations and reservations.
PLEASE HELP! We’ve worked so hard to get our businesses open. Now we need your help to stay open! Please wear a face mask or protective face covering when out in public.
Inyo County health officials have put in place a mask order. That means face coverings are required in all businesses and enclosed public spaces where social distancing (six feet apart) can’t be maintained. Essential to your packing list: Wearing a mask shows you care about the health of our community.
Click the images below to download printable flyers for your business!
Coronavirus Related Best Practices:
1. WASH 2. COVER 3. DISTANCE
The California Department of Public Health is encouraging everyone to help prevent the spread of this respiratory illness with these everyday actions:
- Practice Physical Distancing – 6 Feet or More
- Wear a face covering when near others – always inside a business.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water and use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid handshakes.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay at home when you are sick.
It is imperative that everyone stay informed and get health and travel updates from trusted experts. #WashCoverDistance
Coronavirus/COVID-19 is a concern for everyone in the world at the moment and the Bishop Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau is committed to staying informed and passing along facts as we receive them. There are many levels of decision making with shifting timelines, but what we do know, and what we are doing is we are preparing to safely welcome you to Bishop. The health of our community, our businesses and our guests is paramount. We are encouraging responsibility and common sense from residents and guests alike.
Eastern Sierra and More Corononavirus Resources
- Inyo County – Local Situation Update
- Inyo County – Reopening
- Inyo National Forest Campgrounds
- Inyo County Campgrounds
- Manzanar National Historic Site
- Inyo County Public Health & Prevention Division
- Covid-19 Status Report Map of Inyo County
- California Department of Public Health
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- CDC Travel During the Covid Pandemic
- U.S. Travel Association Resource Page
- Visit California Coronavirus Resource Page
Bishop thanks you for being responsible and choosing to stay close to home during the current COVID-19 crisis. We look forward to welcoming visitors once it is safe to travel again.