Coronavirus/COVID-19 is a concern for everyone in the world at the moment and the Bishop Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau is committed to staying informed and passing along facts as we receive them. There are many levels of decision making with shifting timelines, but what we do know, and what we are doing is we are preparing to safely welcome you to Bishop. The health of our community, our businesses and our guests is paramount. We are encouraging responsibility from residents and guests alike.
Fishing is now OPEN in INYO and MONO Counties – as of June 1, 2020 all fishing may resume as per existing regulations in Title 14, CCR.
Eastern Sierra and More Corononavirus Resources
- Visit the List of Local Retail/Restaurants for current status: https://bishopchamberofcommerce.com/gift-cards/
- Inyo County Campgrounds info: https://www.inyocounty.us/services/parks-recreation/campgrounds
- Manzanar National Historic Site: https://www.nps.gov/manz/index.htm
- Inyo County Public Health & Prevention Division: https://www.inyocounty.us/services/health-human-services/public-health-and-prevention-division/how-do-i/prevent-spread
- California Department of Public Health: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Immunization/ncov2019.aspx
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention: cdc.gov/coronavirus
- U.S. Travel Association Resource Page: ustravel.org/coronavirus
- Visit California Coronavirus Resource Page: industry.visitcalifornia.com/coronavirus
The California Department of Public Health is encouraging everyone to help prevent the spread of this respiratory illness with these everyday actions:
- If you have respiratory symptoms like fever and cough, stay home.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your elbow.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Follow guidance from public health officials.
It is imperative that everyone stay informed and get health and travel updates from trusted experts.
Bishop thanks you for being responsible and choosing to stay close to home during the current COVID-19 crisis. We look forward to welcoming visitors once it is safe to travel again.